Collecting Personal Information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify.
Order and Customer Service Information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including but not limited to credit card numbers, debit card numbers, and paypal information), email address, and phone number.
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify, Paypal, and other payment processors that may be used.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products,
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We DO NOT engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary deny list of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This deny list persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary deny list of credit cards associated with deny listed IP addresses. This deny list persists for a small number of days.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to designate an authorized agent to submit these requests on your behalf, please contact us at the address below.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
Third Party Disclosure
EliteShield has no affiliation with any automaker, all names and trademarks are used for reference only. Manufacturer names and part numbers are used only for identification purposes. All product pictures on EliteShield.com are for reference only, in some cases actual products may vary. Eliteshield.com may include links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third party vendors and other third parties. You agree that EliteShield is not responsible for the availability of, or the content located on or through, any external site. EliteShield is not responsible for pricing or typographical errors.
EliteShield is not responsible for any damages or claims arising out of a delay in the processing or shipment of any order. Any statements on EliteShield.com or made by EliteShield regarding shipping speed or time frames are not guaranteed. Additional shipping charges may apply for items shipping directly from a manufacturer, customers will be notified and have the option of canceling (refund) their order before product(s) ship. On rare occasions an item purchased may not qualify for free shipping even if the product is above a certain dollar amount. In these cases customers will be notified and will have the option of canceling (refund) their order. Some packages are shipped with a signature required.
Any warranties for merchandise sold by EliteShield are those made by the manufacturer of each specific product. No warranties are expressed or implied by EliteShield for any products listed in our catalog or on our website. Warranty claims must be filed directly through the manufacturer. If a manufacturer is unresponsive we are happy to step in and help a customer file a warranty claim.
Acceptable forms of payment include VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and PayPal. PayPal is accepted from customers that have shipping addresses verified by PayPal and located in the United States. Credit card payments are not accepted for international orders. We do not offer cash on delivery (COD) as a form of payment, nor do we accept non-US credit cards from outside the United States. All orders are billed in full at the time they are placed. We do not offer delayed billing, lay-away, or payment plans. We will only ship to the confirmed address for the credit card holder. We will not ship orders that do not pass our stringent fraud protection measures, which include gathering the credit card CVV2 digits, verifying the billing address, and cardholder information.
It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that the use of their vehicle and items purchased from EliteShield comply with federal, state, and local regulations. EliteShield assumes no responsibility for any damages or fines incurred due to the misuse or illegal installation of any of its products. EliteShield shall not be liable for any reason for any costs or damages to any person or property arising out of or in connection with the use or installation of any products that it sells. Customers understand that EliteShield will not be liable for any inconvenience, expense directly or indirectly arising from the use (or inability to use), including installation costs, for any third party's unauthorized use, of any product or its components, either separately or in combination with other equipment, regardless of whether EliteShield had been advised of such possibility.
All prices are per item quoted in US dollars. Prices are subject to change without notice. Orders can be canceled (void) (refunded) if pricing errors are found after an order is placed. EliteShield reserves the right to cancel (void) (refund) any order at any time. EliteShield strives to provide accurate product pricing and shipping information. In the event that a pricing or typographical error exists with any product or service offered, EliteShield reserves the right to cancel (void) (refund) an order at any time. In the rare occasion that a pricing error exists EliteShield will contact the customer for further instruction allowing the customer to cancel the order if they prefer. Coupon codes, sales or promotions of any kind cannot be used on previously placed orders. Shipping price discrepancies can exist on any order regardless of the weight or size of a package. If a shipping price error exists EliteShield will contact the purchaser with revised shipping options allowing the customer to cancel the order if they prefer. EliteShield is not responsible for any fees associated with canceled orders. Deposits made by a customer for special order items, or items being shipped from outside the USA are non-refundable.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
130 Algonquin Parkway, Whippany, NJ 07981, United States